The 2022 Salmon Recovery Grant Round to review PSAR and SRFB projects is underway.
WSPER reviews these projects to decide which will progress to the full application stage. Complete and submit the Letter of Intent by January 10, 2022.
Interested project sponsors and invited to submit Letters of Intent by 11:59 pm January 10, 2022. Project sponsors will be notified by January 21, 2022 if their project is consistent with local salmon recovery strategies and should move forward in the 2022 grant cycle. A project site visit is required and will be scheduled March 17 or 18 of 2022.
Call for Projects
- WSPER is soliciting projects for salmon habitat projects aligned with local salmon and steelhead recovery strategies for review by the Salmon Recovery Funding Board (SRFB) and Puget Sound Acquisition and Restoration fund (PSAR).
- Approximately $266,000 in SRFB funds is expected to be available in September 2022 for approved projects.
- Approximately $990,000 in PSAR funds is expected to be available in July 2023 for approved projects.
- Project sponsors must submit a letter of intent by the end of the day (11:59 pm) January 10, 2022 to be considered for these funding opportunities.
- WSPER Technical Advisory Group members will evaluate letters of intent for alignment with local strategies and advise project sponsors by January 21, 2022 whether a full application should be submitted.
- Projects that advance to a full application will require a site visit, which will be scheduled in mid-March of 2022. Site visits may be virtual or in-person.
- See WSPER Recovery Plans and Strategies to learn more about West Sound salmon recovery.
- Visit the RCO Website to learn more about Salmon Recovery Grants.
- See WSPER’s Planned Projects Forecast List. If proposing a project not on this list, then please contact Renee Johnson to get more information about salmon recovery strategies, watershed recovery plans, and the application process.
- Please direct your questions about this call for projects to Renee Johnson, WSPER Coordinator, at [email protected] or 360-509-9941.
- Native American Tribes
- Conservation districts
- Non-profit organizations
- Regional fisheries enhancement groups
- Special purpose districts
- Private landowners
- State agencies (with local partner)
- Planning (Designs, Assessments and Inventories)
- Combination projects (Acquisition and Restoration, Acquisition and Planning)